1. First, a very belated, but very heartfelt thank-you to the overwhelming response to my last post.Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my story. It is a story I have very, very rarely told before this, and one that is indeed still very raw and emotional for me. I've had a hard time knowing how to respond and even how to follow that post up. This, I suppose, is the best I can do, for now.
2. There are 13 days of school left. Me, my students, my broken air conditioner, and my 80 degree classroom could not be more thankful.
3. My father-in-law was in town last weekend. While he was here, we ate a copious amount of pizza, survived a chilly Rockies game in the Rockpile stands, and we drank at 100 ounces of beer in one sitting. Overall, it was a super healthy and carb-free weekend. Other than that, and even including that, it was a wonderful weekend. We really wish we got to spend more time with him.
4. My garden is growing. Alleluia. Pictures and more details to come.
5. I cooked like a maniac today, in preparation for the upcoming week. From 1pm-5pm today, I made marinara sauce; built a lasagna; prepared lamb meatballs; made yogurt sauce; hardboiled eggs; made egg salad; peeled, sliced, cored, and cubed a pineapple; made granola bars; prepped all the produce for the week; and made catfish po'boys with spicy remoulade and steamed broccoli for tonight's dinner.
6. I've been reading insatiably lately. The Help, Commencement, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me, Juliet Naked, and Baby Proof have all happened within the last three weeks. On the docket for this week is Playdate and The Postmistress. Sometimes I start a book and I just can't make myself stop, even to write a blog post, or to reply to emails. This is my excuse for my two weeks of silence. My favorite of all these was The Help. I know I'm a bit behind the times on this one. I loved it so so much.
7. Saturday marked the return of the Farmer's Market! It was a gorgeous day and I felt so incredibly happy to be back grocery shopping outside. Best part of the day was seeing one of my old students, whom I taught when she was a junior in high school. She is about to be a senior in college. Oi. Time flies. I am so proud to have been her teacher.
8. We went to a Kentucky Derby/Cinco de Mayo party on Saturday. We had such a great time. Jon and Kate, thanks again for hosting all of us! I'm sorry I started falling asleep on your couch at 10pm. I'm so old, I can barely stand myself.
I'll be back on Wednesday with a really cool giveaway! See you all then!