It is officially the week of Thanksgiving! (Can I get a gobble-gobble?!)
I recently read an article from my beloved Cooking Light magazine about making the choice to be happy. The article mentioned a lot of different factors that go into us being able to embrace (and allow) happiness: one of the top factors is that you are able to recognized things in your life that you are thankful for. I have so much in my life that I am thankful for, and I want to take this week as an opportunity to share those things with you. I'd like to invite you to do the same thing - to take the time each morning to list just 5 things you're thankful for. If you don't have 5 things, that's okay! List one thing, each day, that you are thankful for. You could write these on a piece of paper, or type them up, or email them to just one friend, or of course you could post them in comments here.
Today, I am thankful for:
1. My students who wrote such phenomenal blog posts last week. I'm still basking in the pride of all that they accomplished! Some of the students chose to write wrap-up reflection pieces for their final blog posts; they were pretty great! Here is Marcus' reflection (his classmates voted for this post as the Most Original Blog Post!), Michele's reflection, and Xochilt's reflection.
2. Jason's youth group students, whom we took up to Estes Park for the Senior High Youth Gathering this weekend. We had a group of 7 students and had such a great time with all of them! They are all inspiring, funny, wonderful people and, although we were all exhausted, we had a fantastic weekend.
3. My parents, who are the greatest doggie-grandparents that Ava could ask for! They took such great care of Ava this past weekend while we were in Estes.
4. The week of Thanksgiving, which I have off! My school district does not have fall break, so we get this whole week with no school. I am beyond thankful for this break!!
5. The good sleep I had last night. It was great to be home, and to have everyone back where they belong.
Have a great Monday, friends!