Of Gumbo, Trees, and Bible Verses
1. Did you watch the Broncos game last night? Holy amazing. My ulcer started to flare up again in the 4th quarter from all the anxiety and tension. I think I might have been a little too invested. But, lo and behold, the Broncos did it: they won the game. I’m not much of one for stats; numbers have a numbing effect on my brain. But here are a few stats being discussed now…a few stats that are so much coincidence, I barely know what to do with them. So I’ll just type them here. Tim Tebow threw for 316 yards yesterday (that is a ridiculous amount of yards). He had an average of 31.6 yards per throw. And who told Tebow to pull the trigger? John Elway. All this is tied together by Tebow’s favorite bible verse, which is John 3:16. Coincidence? I have no idea.
2. I made 4 batches of this today. It is just as divine as the first time I made it this summer. Maybe better. The spicy/sweet combo seems to fit the wintertime.
3. We ate dinner here on Saturday night. I had the gumbo. I would order it again, times 100. If you live in/around Denver, I would definitely recommend paying it a visit. (Hint: get the gumbo!!!)
4. I ran the farthest I’ve ever run on Saturday morning. It was 3.24 miles, which topped this. I even ran up the biggest hill in our neighborhood, which I wasn’t able to ride my bike up this summer. I didn’t stop once, even after I got to the top of the hill. I just kept on running. It felt pretty amazing.
5. This is the newest blog I’ve added to my reading list. It has nothing to do with food. But the photos, the stories, the fashion, the family: I’m a bit smitten.
6. We took all the Christmas decor down last Monday. It felt a bit like we were reclaiming normalcy, which is always nice. But: a week later, and I miss the tree. It was just so lovely and perfectly ours.