Options and Goals. (aka, Summer is Almost Over and My Heart is Breaking)
I have two weeks of summer left.
I have two options:
1. Curl up in the fetal position and cry tears of bitter remorse for the days of peace and relaxation that have, once again, slipped through my fingers.
2. Live it up.
I found option 1 to be very compelling on Monday of this week. But as of Wednesday evening, I am feeling much more optimistic. I’m ready to make the magic happen, to raise the roof, to party like it’s 1999.
Bring it on, last two weeks of summer.
I am out of the fetal position and so ready for you.
Goals for the remainder of the summer:
1. Cook during the day, photograph (during the day), repeat.
2. Have happy hour on the front porch, every day.
3. Indulge in mini “daycations”.
4. Read one more book.
5. Talk a walk with Ava every day.
6. Spend time with at least three more friends whom I don’t see during the school year.
7. Organize all my magazine clippings into a binder.
8. Wash and vacuum my car.
Things are about to get real around here, my friends. Like New Year’s Eve 1999 all over again.