October 28, 2012 in The Daily Blog
There’s nothing quite as restorative as a good long chat with your best girl friends. Sarah and I have been friends for over 8 (!) years. We worked together in the summer of 2005, which was when we met. Sarah met her husband Mark that summer, and I met Jason that summer, too. They live far away now – feels like halfway around the world – but a long phone call (like we had today) always makes her feel so much closer. I’m thankful for that.
So, let’s chat! Let’s feel a bit more connected. I’d like it if we did!
1. Jason and I went and visited our nephew this weekend. I don’t think babies are cute, but this guy is so precious. I am stupid-in-love with him. It is so, so hard to hand him back to my sister and say good-bye. Ugh.
2. Life and work have been non-stop lately. And so, it’s all about making things ahead of time so that weeknights don’t make me want to sink into the couch and eat only chips and salsa. This garden enchilada bake from Mama Pea was an awesome meal to make on Sunday, cover and stick in the fridge, and then throw into the oven after a busy day. Also, it was delicious. I doubled the zucchini (frozen from the garden this summer), added in minced 2 jalapenos and several shakes of Mexican hot sauce, served it atop a bed of tortilla chips, and with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkling of green onions. I highly recommend this dish.
3. Oh yes, donuts have also been happening! These peanut butter cup donuts from Ashley were super fab. I subbed normal milk, and used almond meal instead of coconut flour. I loved these donuts with a sprinkling of kosher salt on top. Heck yes.
4. My fantasy football team has been doing only okay this year. I am currently 3rd in my division, with a 4-3 record. It’s looking like I’ll add another point to my wins column this week, so 5-3 will be where I am. Not terrible, but not great either. I need to step it up.
5. Broncos play tonight, against the Saints. I have been waiting for this moment for the last two weeks. Bye weeks are so difficult.
6. This. My husband sent it to me earlier this week and I watched it at lunch, with a classroom full of kids. Based on my reaction, I’m pretty sure they thought I had lost it. You’ve probably already watched this little gem, but I would feel like such a socially irresponsible child of the 80′s and 90′s if I didn’t share it here, if only for good measure.
7. What great recipes have you been making lately? Share in the comments below!